The News Review:
- Street Culture: Ink-N-Iron Festival
- Isle f Wight/Download festival weather reports – three days to go
- Schedule map released for 2009 Rothbury Festival
- Proposition 8 front and center at 35th Gay Pride Festival
- Boston Early Music Festival 2009
Street Culture: Ink-N-Iron Festival
Los Angeles Times
Mixing sex and old-school propriety the style on hand — like the tattoos on many of its wearers — seems to require a unique commitment among its followers. There’s no rolling out of bed and out into public for this crew.
Isle f Wight/Download festival weather reports – three days to go
Will it rain or shine at the two festivals?Jun 9 20090 Comments With both the Isle f Wight Festival and Download Festival set to take place this weekend (June 12-15) weather service. At present (June 9).
Schedule map released for 2009 Rothbury Festival
Detroit Free Press
Headliners at the festival’s deum main stage will include the String Cheese Incident (playing a pair of sets the night of July 3) the Dead (July 4) and Bob Dylan (July 5). As was the case at last year’s inaugural fest a series of electronic-oriented acts including STS9 and MSTRKRFT will keep the music going well into the wee hours on the three additional stages. Rothbury opening honors will go to one of 194 local acts competing in an online voting contest. The winner will play at 6:15 p.
Related from Camp-supetar: 2009 Camping World Series West Schedule Released
Proposition 8 front and center at 35th Gay Pride Festival
San Jose Mercury News
If the 35th annual Santa Cruz Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Pride Festival demonstrated anything it was that there are a number of opinions on Proposition 8 in the gay community. The high court’s decision to uphold the ban has been a rallying point for many gay rights activists though not everyone is on board. “I think it (Proposition 8) is marginalizing lower class structures in the gay community” said Chris Chitty a doctoral student at UC Santa Cruz. The Atlanta native added he is not against gay marriage but doesn’t feel it should dominate the gay community’s national agenda. For example the problem of HIV among gay men younger than 30 is often overlooked he said.
Boston Early Music Festival 2009
– Jeremy EichlerThe Boston Early Music Festival (BEMF) is universally recognized as a leader in the field of early music. read more Phone: (617) 661-1812 Age Suitability: Kids and up Tags: live music concert bemf jeremy eichler live opera classical opera boston opera The city is about to turn into a mecca for early music pilgrims from around the country and even from overseas with nine days of concerts operas symposia lectures workshops family programs and a trade show. — Jeremy EichlerThe Boston Early Music Festival (BEMF) is universally recognized as a leader in the field of early music. Since its founding in 1980 by leading practitioners of historical performance in the United States and abroad BEMF has promoted early music through a variety of diverse programs and activities including an annual concert series that brings the early music?s brightest stars to the Boston concert stage and the biennial week-long Festival and Exhibition recognized as the ?world?s leading festival of early music? (The Times London). The 2009 Festival will feature Monteverdi?s ‘L?incoronazione di Poppea’ which replaces BEMF?s previously-announced ‘Antiochus und Stratonica’ by Christoph Graupner which has been postponed to a future Boston Early Music Festival.